Synonyms for absolute
- 1. absolute, abstraction, abstract
- usage: something that is conceived or that exists independently and not in relation to other things; something that does not depend on anything else and is beyond human control; something that is not relative; "no mortal being can influence the absolute"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. absolute (vs. relative), direct, implicit, unquestioning, infinite, living
- usage: perfect or complete or pure; "absolute loyalty"; "absolute silence"; "absolute truth"; "absolute alcohol"
- 2. absolute, downright, out-and-out(prenominal), rank(prenominal), right-down, sheer(prenominal), complete (vs. incomplete)
- usage: complete and without restriction or qualification; sometimes used informally as intensifiers; "absolute freedom"; "an absolute dimwit"; "a downright lie"; "out-and-out mayhem"; "an out-and-out lie"; "a rank outsider"; "many right-down vices"; "got the job through sheer persistence"; "sheer stupidity"
- 3. absolute, arbitrary (vs. nonarbitrary)
- usage: not limited by law; "an absolute monarch"
- 4. absolute, unequivocal (vs. equivocal), univocal, unambiguous
- usage: expressing finality with no implication of possible change; "an absolute guarantee to respect the nation's authority"
- 5. absolute, infrangible, inviolable, inalienable (vs. alienable), unalienable
- usage: not capable of being violated or infringed; "infrangible human rights"