Synonyms for adhere
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. adhere, match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
- usage: be compatible or in accordance with; "You must adhere to the rules"
- 2. adhere, follow through, follow up, follow out, carry out, implement, put through, go through
- usage: follow through or carry out a plan without deviation; "They adhered to their plan"
- 3. cling, cleave, adhere, stick, cohere, touch, adjoin, meet, contact
- usage: come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation; "The dress clings to her body"; "The label stuck to the box"; "The sushi rice grains cohere"
- 4. adhere, stick, adopt, follow, espouse
- usage: be a devoted follower or supporter; "The residents of this village adhered to Catholicism"; "She sticks to her principles"
- 5. stand by, stick by, stick, adhere, be
- usage: be loyal to; "She stood by her husband in times of trouble"; "The friends stuck together through the war"
- 6. adhere, hold fast, bond, bind, stick, stick to, attach
- usage: stick to firmly; "Will this wallpaper adhere to the wall?"