Synonyms for adjusted
- 1. adjust, set, correct, change, alter, modify
- usage: alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
- 2. align, aline, line up, adjust, reorient
- usage: place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight; "align the car with the curb"; "align the sheets of paper on the table"
- 3. adjust, conform, adapt, change
- usage: adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions; "We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
- 4. adjust, adapt, accommodate
- usage: make correspondent or conformable; "Adjust your eyes to the darkness"
- 5. adjust, decide, settle, resolve, adjudicate
- usage: decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. adjusted (vs. unadjusted), focused, weighted
- usage: altered to accommodate to certain requirements or bring into a proper relation; "an adjusted insurance claim"; "the car runs more smoothly with the timing adjusted"
- 2. adjusted (vs. maladjusted), well-adjusted, well-balanced
- usage: adjusted to demands of daily living; showing emotional stability
- 3. adjusted, familiarized, familiarised, oriented (vs. unoriented), orientated
- usage: having achieved a comfortable relation with your environment
- 4. adjusted, altered (vs. unaltered)
- usage: (especially of garments) having the fit or style adjusted; "for my wedding I had my mother's wedding dress altered to fit me"