Synonyms for adventure
- 1. adventure, escapade, risky venture, dangerous undertaking, undertaking, project, task, labor
- usage: a wild and exciting undertaking (not necessarily lawful)
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. gamble, chance, risk, hazard, take chances, adventure, run a risk, take a chance, try, seek, attempt, essay, assay
- usage: take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome; "When you buy these stocks you are gambling"
- 2. venture, hazard, adventure, stake, jeopardize, risk, put on the line, lay on the line
- usage: put at risk; "I will stake my good reputation for this"