Synonyms for afflicted
- 1. afflict, upset, discompose, untune, disconcert, discomfit
- usage: cause great unhappiness for; distress; "she was afflicted by the death of her parents"
- 2. afflict, smite, damage
- usage: cause physical pain or suffering in; "afflict with the plague"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. afflicted, stricken, ill (vs. well), sick
- usage: grievously affected especially by disease
- 2. afflicted, impaired, unfit (vs. fit)
- usage: mentally or physically unfit