Synonyms for age
- 1. age, property
- usage: how long something has existed; "it was replaced because of its age"
- 2. historic period, age, era, epoch
- usage: an era of history having some distinctive feature; "we live in a litigious age"
- 3. age, eld, time of life
- usage: a time of life (usually defined in years) at which some particular qualification or power arises; "she was now of school age"; "tall for his eld"
- 4. long time, age, years, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a prolonged period of time; "we've known each other for ages"; "I haven't been there for years and years"
- 5. old age, years, age, eld, geezerhood, time of life
- usage: a late time of life; "old age is not for sissies"; "he's showing his years"; "age hasn't slowed him down at all"; "a beard white with eld"; "on the brink of geezerhood"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. age, develop
- usage: begin to seem older; get older; "The death of his wife caused him to age fast"
- 2. senesce, age, get on, mature, maturate, develop
- usage: grow old or older; "She aged gracefully"; "we age every day--what a depressing thought!"; "Young men senesce"
- 3. age, change, alter, modify
- usage: make older; "The death of his child aged him tremendously"
See also: age (Dictionary)