Synonyms for aggressive
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. aggressive (vs. unaggressive), battleful, bellicose, combative, competitive, militant, hard-hitting, high-pressure, hostile, in-your-face, obstreperous, predatory, rapacious, raptorial, ravening, vulturine, vulturous, pugnacious, rough, scrappy, truculent, assertive#1, self-asserting#1, self-assertive, hostile, offensive
- usage: having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"
- 2. aggressive, fast-growing(prenominal), strong-growing, invasive (vs. confined)
- usage: tending to spread quickly; "an aggressive tumor"
- 3. aggressive, belligerent, hostile (vs. amicable)
- usage: characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another country"; "a belligerent tone"