Synonyms for agitated
- 1. agitate, foment, stir up, provoke, stimulate
- usage: try to stir up public opinion
- 2. agitate, rouse, turn on, charge, commove, excite, charge up, disturb, upset, trouble
- usage: cause to be agitated, excited, or roused; "The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
- 3. crusade, fight, press, campaign, push, agitate, advertise, advertize, promote, push
- usage: exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for; "The liberal party pushed for reforms"; "She is crusading for women's rights"; "The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
- 4. stir, shift, budge, agitate, move
- usage: move very slightly; "He shifted in his seat"
- 5. shake, agitate, move
- usage: move or cause to move back and forth; "The chemist shook the flask vigorously"; "My hands were shaking"
- 6. agitate, vex, disturb, commove, shake up, stir up, raise up, move, displace
- usage: change the arrangement or position of
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. agitated (vs. unagitated), aroused, emotional, excited, worked up, distraught, overwrought, jolted, shaken, feverish, hectic, frantic, frenetic, phrenetic, frenzied, hysterical, psychedelic, wild-eyed, discomposed, excited, impatient, tense, unquiet, unsteady
- usage: troubled emotionally and usually deeply; "agitated parents"
- 2. agitated (vs. unagitated), churning, roiling, roiled, roily, turbulent, churning, churned-up, jolted, rippled, ruffled, seething, stirred
- usage: physically disturbed or set in motion; "the agitated mixture foamed and bubbled"