Synonyms for alert
- 1. alert, qui vive, readiness, preparedness, preparation
- usage: condition of heightened watchfulness or preparation for action; "bombers were put on alert during the crisis"
- 2. alert, alerting, warning
- usage: a warning serves to make you more alert to danger
- 3. alarm, alert, warning signal, alarum, signal, signaling, sign
- usage: an automatic signal (usually a sound) warning of danger
- 1. alarm, alert, warn
- usage: warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness; "The empty house alarmed him"; "We alerted the new neighbors to the high rate of burglaries"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. alert (vs. unalert), watchful, argus-eyed, open-eyed, vigilant, wakeful, fly, heads-up, wide-awake, lidless, sleepless, awake, lively, wary
- usage: engaged in or accustomed to close observation; "caught by a couple of alert cops"; "alert enough to spot the opportunity when it came"; "constantly alert and vigilant, like a sentinel on duty"
- 2. alert, brisk, lively, merry, rattling, snappy, spanking, zippy, energetic (vs. lethargic)
- usage: quick and energetic; "a brisk walk in the park"; "a lively gait"; "a merry chase"; "traveling at a rattling rate"; "a snappy pace"; "a spanking breeze"
- 3. alert, alive(predicate), awake(predicate), aware(predicate) (vs. unaware), cognizant, cognisant
- usage: mentally perceptive and responsive;"an alert mind"; "alert to the problems"; "alive to what is going on"; "awake to the dangers of her situation"; "was now awake to the reality of his predicament"
See also: alert (Dictionary)