Synonyms for alleged
- 1. allege, aver, say, assert, asseverate, maintain
- usage: report or maintain; "He alleged that he was the victim of a crime"; "He said it was too late to intervene in the war"; "The registrar says that I owe the school money"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. alleged, declared (vs. undeclared)
- usage: declared but not proved; "alleged abuses of housing benefits"- Wall Street Journal
- 2. alleged(prenominal), so-called, supposed, questionable (vs. unquestionable)
- usage: doubtful or suspect; "these so-called experts are no help"