Synonyms for alteration
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. change, alteration, modification, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another; "the change was intended to increase sales"; "this storm is certainly a change for the worse"; "the neighborhood had undergone few modifications since his last visit years ago"
- 2. alteration, modification, adjustment, change
- usage: the act of making something different (as e.g. the size of a garment)
- 3. revision, alteration, transformation, translation
- usage: the act of revising or altering (involving reconsideration and modification); "it would require a drastic revision of his opinion"