Synonyms for ambrosia
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. beebread, ambrosia, composition
- usage: a mixture of nectar and pollen prepared by worker bees and fed to larvae
- 2. ragweed, ambrosia, bitterweed, weed
- usage: any of numerous chiefly North American weedy plants constituting the genus Ambrosia that produce highly allergenic pollen responsible for much hay fever and asthma
- 3. ambrosia, dessert, sweet, afters
- usage: fruit dessert made of oranges and bananas with shredded coconut
- 4. ambrosia, nectar, dainty, delicacy, goody, kickshaw, treat
- usage: (classical mythology) the food and drink of the gods; mortals who ate it became immortal