Synonyms for andromeda
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. andromeda, Japanese andromeda, lily-of-the-valley tree, Pieris japonica, shrub, bush
- usage: broad-leaved evergreen Asiatic shrub with glossy leaves and drooping clusters of white flowers
- 2. andromeda, shrub, bush
- usage: any of several shrubs of the genus Andromeda having leathery leaves and clusters of small flowers
- 3. Andromeda
- usage: (Greek mythology) an Ethiopian princess and daughter of Cassiopeia; she was fastened to a rock and exposed to a sea monster that was sent by Poseidon, but she was rescued by Perseus and became his wife
- 4. Andromeda
- usage: a constellation in the northern hemisphere between Cassiopeia and Pegasus; contains the Andromeda galaxy