Synonyms for anglo-saxon
- 1. Anglo-Saxon, English person
- usage: a native or inhabitant of England prior to the Norman Conquest
- 2. Anglo-Saxon, English person
- usage: a person of Anglo-Saxon (especially British) descent whose native tongue is English and whose culture is strongly influenced by English culture as in WASP for `White Anglo-Saxon Protestant'; "in the ninth century the Vikings began raiding the Anglo-Saxons in Britain"; "his ancestors were not just British, they were Anglo-Saxons"
- 3. Old English, Anglo-Saxon, English, English language
- usage: English prior to about 1100
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. Anglo-Saxon
- usage: of or relating to the Anglo-Saxons or their language; "Anglo-Saxon poetry"; "The Anglo-Saxon population of Scotland"