Synonyms for antediluvian
- 1. antediluvian, antediluvian patriarch, patriarch
- usage: any of the early patriarchs who lived prior to the Deluge
- 2. antediluvian, oldster, old person, senior citizen, golden ager
- usage: a very old (or old fashioned) person
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. antediluvian, antediluvial
- usage: of or relating to the period before the Biblical flood; "Antediluvian man"
- 2. antediluvian, antiquated, archaic, old (vs. new)
- usage: so extremely old as seeming to belong to an earlier period; "a ramshackle antediluvian tenement"; "antediluvian ideas"; "archaic laws"