Synonyms for apportioning
- 1. allotment, apportionment, apportioning, allocation, parceling, parcelling, assignation, distribution
- usage: the act of distributing by allotting or apportioning; distribution according to a plan; "the apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives is based on the relative population of each state"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. allocate, apportion, assign, allot, portion
- usage: distribute according to a plan or set apart for a special purpose; "I am allocating a loaf of bread to everyone on a daily basis"; "I'm allocating the rations for the camping trip"
- 2. share, divvy up, portion out, apportion, deal, distribute, give out, hand out, pass out
- usage: give out as one's portion or share