Synonyms for apprehend
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. grok, get the picture, comprehend, savvy, dig, grasp, compass, apprehend, understand
- usage: get the meaning of something; "Do you comprehend the meaning of this letter?"
- 2. collar, nail, apprehend, arrest, pick up, nab, cop, seize, prehend, clutch
- usage: take into custody; "the police nabbed the suspected criminals"
- 3. apprehend, quail at, anticipate, look for, look to
- usage: anticipate with dread or anxiety