Synonyms for aspersion
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. aspersion, slur, disparagement, depreciation, derogation
- usage: a disparaging remark; "in the 19th century any reference to female sexuality was considered a vile aspersion"; "it is difficult for a woman to understand a man's sensitivity to any slur on his virility"
- 2. aspersion, calumny, slander, defamation, denigration, attack
- usage: an abusive attack on a person's character or good name
- 3. aspersion, sprinkling, baptism
- usage: the act of sprinkling water in baptism (rare)