Synonyms for assigning
- 1. assignment, assigning, distribution
- usage: the act of distributing something to designated places or persons; "the first task is the assignment of an address to each datum"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. delegate, designate, depute, assign, appoint, charge
- usage: give an assignment to (a person) to a post, or assign a task to (a person)
- 2. assign, allot, portion, distribute, administer, mete out, deal, parcel out, lot, dispense, shell out, deal out, dish out, allot, dole out
- usage: give out; "We were assigned new uniforms"
- 3. impute, ascribe, assign, attribute, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: attribute or credit to; "We attributed this quotation to Shakespeare"; "People impute great cleverness to cats"
- 4. assign, specify, set apart, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: select something or someone for a specific purpose; "The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise"
- 5. put, assign, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: attribute or give; "She put too much emphasis on her the last statement"; "He put all his efforts into this job"; "The teacher put an interesting twist to the interpretation of the story"
- 6. arrogate, assign, claim, lay claim, arrogate
- usage: make undue claims to having
- 7. assign, transfer
- usage: transfer one's right to
- 8. assign, attribute, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: decide as to where something belongs in a scheme; "The biologist assigned the mushroom to the proper class"