Synonyms for assimilation
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. assimilation, relationship
- usage: the state of being assimilated; people of different backgrounds come to see themselves as part of a larger national family
- 2. assimilation, absorption, social process
- usage: the social process of absorbing one cultural group into harmony with another
- 3. assimilation, absorption, organic process, biological process
- usage: the process of absorbing nutrients into the body after digestion
- 4. assimilation, linguistic process
- usage: a linguistic process by which a sound becomes similar to an adjacent sound
- 5. acculturation, assimilation, education
- usage: the process of assimilating new ideas into an existing cognitive structure
- 6. assimilation, developmental learning
- usage: in the theories of Jean Piaget: the application of a general schema to a particular instance