Synonyms for attorney-general
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. attorney general, lawman, law officer, peace officer
- usage: the chief law officer of a country or state
- 2. Attorney General, United States Attorney General, US Attorney General, secretary
- usage: the person who holds the position of secretary of the Justice Department; "Edmund Randolph was the first Attorney General, appointed by President Washington"
- 3. Attorney General, Attorney General of the United States, secretaryship
- usage: the position of the head of the Justice Department and the chief law enforcement officer of the United States; "the post of Attorney General was created in 1789"