Synonyms for awkwardness
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. awkwardness, clumsiness, ineptness, ineptitude, maladroitness, slowness, unskillfulness
- usage: unskillfulness resulting from a lack of training
- 2. awkwardness, nuisance value, disadvantage
- usage: the quality of an embarrassing situation; "he sensed the awkwardness of his proposal"
- 3. awkwardness, clumsiness, carriage, bearing, posture
- usage: the carriage of someone whose movements and posture are ungainly or inelegant
- 4. awkwardness, clumsiness, gracelessness, stiffness, inelegance
- usage: the inelegance of someone stiff and unrelaxed (as by embarrassment)
- 5. awkwardness, cumbersomeness, unwieldiness, troublesomeness, inconvenience, worriment
- usage: trouble in carrying or managing caused by bulk or shape; "the movers cursed the unwieldiness of the big piano"