Synonyms for back-down
- 1. withdrawal, backdown, climb-down, retraction, abjuration, recantation
- usage: a retraction of a previously held position
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. back up, back off, back down, withdraw, retreat, pull away, draw back, recede, pull back, retire, move back
- usage: move backwards from a certain position; "The bully had to back down"
- 2. chicken out, back off, pull out, back down, bow out, retire, withdraw
- usage: remove oneself from an obligation; "He bowed out when he heard how much work was involved"