Synonyms for backed-up
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. support, back up
- usage: give moral or psychological support, aid, or courage to; "She supported him during the illness"; "Her children always backed her up"
- 2. back up, back off, back down, withdraw, retreat, pull away, draw back, recede, pull back, retire, move back
- usage: move backwards from a certain position; "The bully had to back down"
- 3. back, back up, confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
- usage: establish as valid or genuine; "Can you back up your claims?"
- 4. back up, copy, re-create
- usage: make a copy of (a computer file) especially for storage in another place as a security copy; "You'd better back up these files!"
- 5. clog, choke off, clog up, back up, congest, choke, foul, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: become or cause to become obstructed; "The leaves clog our drains in the Fall"; "The water pipe is backed up"