Synonyms for bag
- 1. bag, container
- usage: a flexible container with a single opening; "he stuffed his laundry into a large bag"
- 2. bag, indefinite quantity
- usage: the quantity of game taken in a particular period (usually by one person); "his bag included two deer"
- 3. base, bag, baseball equipment
- usage: a place that the runner must touch before scoring; "he scrambled to get back to the bag"
- 4. bag, handbag, pocketbook, purse, container
- usage: a container used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women); "she reached into her bag and found a comb"
- 5. bag, bagful, containerful
- usage: the quantity that a bag will hold; "he ate a large bag of popcorn"
- 6. bag, traveling bag, travelling bag, grip, suitcase, baggage, luggage
- usage: a portable rectangular container for carrying clothes; "he carried his small bag onto the plane with him"
- 7. bag, old bag, unpleasant woman, disagreeable woman
- usage: an ugly or ill-tempered woman; "he was romancing the old bag for her money"
- 8. udder, bag, mammary gland, mamma
- usage: mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats)
- 9. cup of tea, bag, dish, activity
- usage: an activity that you like or at which you are superior; "chemistry is not my cup of tea"; "his bag now is learning to play golf"; "marriage was scarcely his dish"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bag, capture, catch
- usage: capture or kill, as in hunting; "bag a few pheasants"
- 2. bag, sag, droop, swag, flag
- usage: hang loosely, like an empty bag
- 3. bulge, bag, stick out, protrude, jut out, jut, project
- usage: bulge out; form a bulge outward, or be so full as to appear to bulge
- 4. pocket, bag, steal
- usage: take unlawfully
- 5. bag, pack
- usage: put into a bag; "The supermarket clerk bagged the groceries"
See also: bag (Dictionary)