Synonyms for baking
- 1. baking, creating from raw materials
- usage: making bread or cake or pastry etc.
- 2. baking, cooking, cookery, preparation
- usage: cooking by dry heat in an oven
- 1. bake, cook
- usage: cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven; "bake the potatoes"
- 2. bake, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: prepare with dry heat in an oven; "bake a cake"
- 3. broil, bake, heat, heat up
- usage: heat by a natural force; "The sun broils the valley in the summer"
- 4. bake, broil, be
- usage: be very hot, due to hot weather or exposure to the sun; "The town was broiling in the sun"; "the tourists were baking in the heat"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. baking, baking hot, hot (vs. cold)
- usage: as hot as if in an oven