Synonyms for balloon
- 1. balloon, lighter-than-air craft
- usage: large tough nonrigid bag filled with gas or heated air
- 2. balloon, plaything, toy
- usage: small thin inflatable rubber bag with narrow neck
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. balloon, fly, aviate, pilot
- usage: ride in a hot-air balloon; "He tried to balloon around the earth but storms forced him to land in China"
- 2. balloon, inflate, billow, expand
- usage: become inflated; "The sails ballooned"