Synonyms for baltic
- 1. Baltic, Baltic Sea
- usage: a sea in northern Europe; stronghold of the Russian navy
- 2. Baltic, Baltic language, Balto-Slavic, Balto-Slavic language, Balto-Slavonic
- usage: a branch of the Indo-European family of languages related to the Slavonic languages; Baltic languages have preserved many archaic features that are believed to have existed in Proto-Indo European
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. Baltic
- usage: of or pertaining to or characteristic of the Baltic States or their peoples or languages
- 2. Baltic
- usage: of or near or on the Baltic Sea; "The Baltic republics"