Synonyms for banging
- 1. banging, noise
- usage: a continuing very loud noise
- 2. battering, banging, fight, fighting, combat, scrap
- usage: the act of subjecting to strong attack
- 1. slam, bang, hit
- usage: strike violently; "slam the ball"
- 2. bang, sound, go
- usage: to produce a sharp often metallic explosive or percussive sound; "One of them banged the sash of the window nearest my bed"
- 3. slam, bang, close, shut
- usage: close violently; "He slammed the door shut"
- 4. bang, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move noisily; "The window banged shut"; "The old man banged around the house"
- 5. sleep together, roll in the hay, love, make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, know, do it, be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk, copulate, mate, pair, couple
- usage: have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
- 6. spang, bang, hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with
- usage: leap, jerk, bang; "Bullets spanged into the trees"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. humongous, banging, thumping, whopping, walloping, large (vs. small), big (vs. little)
- usage: (used informally) very large; "a thumping loss"