Synonyms for barbed
- 1. barb, change, alter, modify
- usage: provide with barbs; "barbed wire"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. barbed, biting, nipping, pungent, mordacious, sarcastic (vs. unsarcastic)
- usage: capable of wounding; "a barbed compliment"; "a biting aphorism"; "pungent satire"
- 2. barbed, barbellate, briary, briery, bristled, bristly, burred, burry, prickly, setose, setaceous, spiny, thorny, armed (vs. unarmed)
- usage: having or covered with protective barbs or quills or spines or thorns or setae etc.; "a horse with a short bristly mane"; "bristly shrubs"; "burred fruits"; "setaceous whiskers"