Synonyms for based
- 1. establish, base, ground, found
- usage: use as a basis for; found on; "base a claim on some observation"
- 2. base, situate, locate
- usage: situate as a center of operations; "we will base this project in the new lab"
- 3. free-base, base, drug, do drugs
- usage: use (purified cocaine) by burning it and inhaling the fumes
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. based, supported (vs. unsupported)
- usage: having a base; "firmly based ice"
- 2. based, settled (vs. unsettled)
- usage: having a base of operations (often used as a combining form); "a locally based business"; "an Atlanta-based company"; "carrier-based planes"