Synonyms for bath
- 1. bath, vessel
- usage: a vessel containing liquid in which something is immersed (as to process it or to maintain it at a constant temperature or to lubricate it); "she soaked the etching in an acid bath"
- 2. bath, washup, bathing
- usage: you soak and wash your body in a bathtub; "he has a good bath every morning"
- 3. bathtub, bathing tub, bath, tub, vessel
- usage: a relatively large open container that you fill with water and use to wash the body
- 4. bath, liquid unit, liquid measure
- usage: an ancient Hebrew liquid measure equal to about 10 gallons
- 5. Bath
- usage: a town in southwestern England on the River Avon; famous for its hot springs and Roman remains
- 6. bathroom, bath, room
- usage: a room (as in a residence) containing a bathtub or shower and usually a washbasin and toilet
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bathe, bath, cleanse, clean
- usage: clean one's body by immersion into water; "The child should bathe every day"
See also: bath (Dictionary)