Synonyms for battering
- 1. battering, banging, fight, fighting, combat, scrap
- usage: the act of subjecting to strong attack
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. buffet, knock about, batter, strike
- usage: strike against forcefully; "Winds buffeted the tent"
- 2. clobber, baste, batter, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: strike violently and repeatedly; "She clobbered the man who tried to attack her"
- 3. dinge, batter, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: make a dent or impression in; "dinge a soft hat"