Synonyms for battery
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. battery, artillery, artillery unit
- usage: group of guns or missile launchers operated together at one place
- 2. battery, electric battery, electrical device
- usage: a device that produces electricity; may have several primary or secondary cells arranged in parallel or series
- 3. battery, collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
- usage: a collection of related things intended for use together; "took a battery of achievement tests"
- 4. battery, team, squad
- usage: a unit composed of the pitcher and catcher
- 5. battery, stamp battery, stamp mill, stamping mill
- usage: a series of stamps operated in one mortar for crushing ores
- 6. barrage, barrage fire, battery, bombardment, shelling, fire, firing
- usage: the heavy fire of artillery to saturate an area rather than hit a specific target; "they laid down a barrage in front of the advancing troops"; "the shelling went on for hours without pausing"
- 7. battery, assault and battery, assault
- usage: an assault in which the assailant makes physical contact