Synonyms for beat-up
- 1. beat, beat up, work over
- usage: give a beating to; subject to a beating, either as a punishment or as an act of aggression; "Thugs beat him up when he walked down the street late at night"; "The teacher used to beat the students"
- 2. beat up, drum up, rally, collect, pull in
- usage: gather; "drum up support"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. battered, beat-up, beaten-up, damaged (vs. undamaged)
- usage: damaged by blows or hard usage; "a battered old car"; "the beaten-up old Ford"