Synonyms for beautiful
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. beautiful (vs. ugly), beauteous, bonny, bonnie, comely, fair, dishy, exquisite, fine-looking, good-looking, better-looking, handsome, well-favored, well-favoured, glorious, resplendent, splendid, splendiferous, gorgeous, lovely, picturesque, pretty, pretty-pretty, pulchritudinous, ravishing, scenic, stunning, fair, sightly, attractive, graceful, pleasing
- usage: delighting the senses or exciting intellectual or emotional admiration; "a beautiful child"; "beautiful country"; "a beautiful painting"; "a beautiful theory"; "a beautiful party"
- 2. beautiful, aesthetic (vs. inaesthetic), esthetic, aesthetical, esthetical
- usage: aesthetically pleasing
- 3. beautiful, pleasant (vs. unpleasant)
- usage: (of weather) highly enjoyable; "what a beautiful day"