Synonyms for bed
- 1. bed, bedroom furniture
- usage: a piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep; "he sat on the edge of the bed"; "the room had only a bed and chair"
- 2. bed, plot, plot of land, plot of ground, patch
- usage: a plot of ground in which plants are growing; "the gardener planted a bed of roses"
- 3. bed, bottom, natural depression, depression
- usage: a depression forming the ground under a body of water; "he searched for treasure on the ocean bed"
- 4. bed, stratum
- usage: (geology) a stratum of rock (especially sedimentary rock); "they found a bed of sandstone"
- 5. seam, bed, stratum
- usage: a stratum of ore or coal thick enough to be mined with profit; "he worked in the coal beds"
- 6. layer, bed, artifact, artefact
- usage: single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance; "slices of hard-boiled egg on a bed of spinach"
- 7. bed, surface
- usage: the flat surface of a printing press on which the type form is laid in the last stage of producing a newspaper or magazine or book etc.
- 8. bed, foundation, base, fundament, foot, groundwork, substructure, understructure
- usage: a foundation of earth or rock supporting a road or railroad track; "the track bed had washed away"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bed, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: furnish with a bed; "The inn keeper could bed all the new arrivals"
- 2. bed, plant, set
- usage: place (plants) in a prepared bed of soil
- 3. bed, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put to bed; "The children were bedded at ten o'clock"
- 4. sleep together, roll in the hay, love, make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, know, do it, be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk, copulate, mate, pair, couple
- usage: have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
- 5. go to bed, turn in, bed, crawl in, kip down, hit the hay, hit the sack, sack out, go to sleep, retire
- usage: prepare for sleep; "I usually turn in at midnight"; "He goes to bed at the crack of dawn"
See also: bed (Dictionary)