Synonyms for belittle
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. minimize, belittle, denigrate, derogate, disparage, belittle, pick at
- usage: belittle; "Don't belittle his influence"
- 2. disparage, belittle, pick at, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: express a negative opinion of; "She disparaged her student's efforts"
- 3. diminish, belittle, decrease, lessen, minify
- usage: lessen the authority, dignity, or reputation of; "don't belittle your colleagues"