Synonyms for belligerent
- 1. combatant, battler, belligerent, fighter, scrapper, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
- usage: someone who fights (or is fighting)
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. aggressive, belligerent, hostile (vs. amicable)
- usage: characteristic of an enemy or one eager to fight; "aggressive acts against another country"; "a belligerent tone"
- 2. belligerent, fighting, militant, war-ridden, warring, unpeaceful (vs. peaceful)
- usage: engaged in war; "belligerent (or warring) nations"; "a fighting war"