Synonyms for bellow
- 1. bellow, bellowing, holla, holler, hollering, hollo, holloa, roar, roaring, yowl, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: a very loud utterance (like the sound of an animal); "his bellow filled the hallway"
- 2. Bellow, Saul Bellow, Solomon Bellow
- usage: United States author (born in Canada) whose novels influenced American literature after World War II (1915-2005)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bawl, bellow, shout
- usage: shout loudly and without restraint
- 2. bellow, roar, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: make a loud noise, as of animal; "The bull bellowed"