Synonyms for benevolent
WordNet 2.0 Copyright © 2003 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- 1. beneficent, benevolent, gracious, good (vs. evil)
- usage: doing or producing good
- 2. benevolent
- usage: intending or showing kindness; "a benevolent society"
- 3. benevolent (vs. malevolent), good, good-hearted, kind, kindly, openhearted, beneficent, charitable, kind
- usage: having or showing or arising from a desire to promote the welfare or happiness of others; "his benevolent smile"; "a benevolent nature"
- 4. benevolent, freehearted, generous (vs. stingy)
- usage: generous in providing aid to others
- 5. beneficent, benevolent, eleemosynary, philanthropic, charitable (vs. uncharitable)
- usage: generous in assistance to the poor; "a benevolent contributor"; "eleemosynary relief"; "philanthropic contributions"