Synonyms for besieging
- 1. siege, besieging, beleaguering, military blockade, blockade, encirclement
- usage: the action of an armed force that surrounds a fortified place and isolates it while continuing to attack
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. besiege, beleaguer, surround, hem in, circumvent, attack, assail
- usage: surround so as to force to give up; "The Turks besieged Vienna"
- 2. besiege, distress
- usage: cause to feel distressed or worried; "She was besieged by so many problems that she got discouraged"
- 3. besiege, importune, insist
- usage: harass, as with questions or requests; "The press photographers besieged the movie star"