Synonyms for bet
- 1. stake, stakes, bet, wager, gamble
- usage: the money risked on a gamble
- 2. bet, wager, gambling, gaming, play
- usage: the act of gambling; "he did it on a bet"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bet, wager, predict, foretell, prognosticate, call, forebode, anticipate, promise
- usage: maintain with or as if with a bet; "I bet she will be there!"
- 2. bet, wager, play, gamble
- usage: stake on the outcome of an issue; "I bet $100 on that new horse"; "She played all her money on the dark horse"
- 3. count, bet, depend, look, calculate, reckon, trust, swear, rely, bank
- usage: have faith or confidence in; "you can count on me to help you any time"; "Look to your friends for support"; "You can bet on that!"; "Depend on your family in times of crisis"
See also: bet (Dictionary)