Synonyms for bifurcate
- 1. bifurcate, diverge
- usage: split or divide into two
- 2. bifurcate, branch, ramify, fork, furcate, separate
- usage: divide into two branches; "The road bifurcated"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bifurcate, biramous, branched, forked, fork-like, forficate, pronged, prongy, divided (vs. united)
- usage: resembling a fork; divided or separated into two branches; "the biramous appendages of an arthropod"; "long branched hairs on its legson which pollen collects"; "a forked river"; "a forked tail"; "forked lightning"; "horseradish grown in poor soil may develop prongy roots"