Synonyms for bilk
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bilk, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: cheat somebody out of what is due, especially money
- 2. thwart, queer, spoil, scotch, foil, cross, frustrate, baffle, bilk, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of; "What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge"; "foil your opponent"
- 3. bilk, deprive
- usage: evade payment to; "He bilked his creditors"
- 4. elude, evade, bilk, escape, get away, break loose
- usage: escape, either physically or mentally; "The thief eluded the police"; "This difficult idea seems to evade her"; "The event evades explanation"
See also: bilk (Dictionary)