Synonyms for bird
- 1. bird, vertebrate, craniate
- usage: warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings
- 2. bird, fowl, meat
- usage: the flesh of a bird or fowl (wild or domestic) used as food
- 3. dame, doll, wench, skirt, chick, bird, girl, miss, missy, young lady, young woman, fille
- usage: informal terms for a (young) woman
- 4. boo, hoot, Bronx cheer, hiss, raspberry, razzing, razz, snort, bird, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
- 5. shuttlecock, bird, birdie, shuttle, badminton equipment
- usage: badminton equipment consisting of a ball of cork or rubber with a crown of feathers
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. bird, birdwatch, observe
- usage: watch and study birds in their natural habitat
See also: bird (Dictionary)