Synonyms for biting
- 1. bite, seize with teeth, grip
- usage: to grip, cut off, or tear with or as if with the teeth or jaws; "Gunny invariably tried to bite her"
- 2. bite, sting, burn, ache, smart, hurt
- usage: cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort; "The sun burned his face"
- 3. bite, pierce
- usage: penetrate or cut, as with a knife; "The fork bit into the surface"
- 4. sting, bite, prick, pierce
- usage: deliver a sting to; "A bee stung my arm yesterday"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. barbed, biting, nipping, pungent, mordacious, sarcastic (vs. unsarcastic)
- usage: capable of wounding; "a barbed compliment"; "a biting aphorism"; "pungent satire"
- 2. biting, bitter, painful (vs. painless)
- usage: causing a sharply painful or stinging sensation; used especially of cold; "bitter cold"; "a biting wind"