Synonyms for black-and-white
- 1. written communication, written language, black and white, communication
- usage: communication by means of written symbols (either printed or handwritten)
- 2. black and white, monochrome, photograph, photo, exposure, picture, pic
- usage: a black-and-white photograph or slide
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. black-and-white
- usage: lacking hue or shades of grey; part white and part black; "a black-and-white cow"; "black-and-white blooms"; "black-and-white stripes"
- 2. black-and-white (vs. color), black and white(predicate)
- usage: not having or not capable of producing colors; "black-and-white film"; "a black-and-white TV"; "the movie was in black and white"
- 3. black-and-white, divided (vs. united)
- usage: of a situation that is sharply divided into mutually exclusive categories; "he rejected a black-and-white world"; "there are no black-and-white certainties"; "there were no grey areas, you were either for him or against him, he was all black-and-white"