Synonyms for black-eye
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. shiner, black eye, mouse, bruise, contusion
- usage: a swollen bruise caused by a blow to the eye
- 2. black eye, repute, reputation
- usage: a bad reputation; "his behavior gave the whole family a black eye"
- 3. reverse, reversal, setback, blow, black eye, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an unfortunate happening that hinders or impedes; something that is thwarting or frustrating