Synonyms for black-pine
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
All rights reserved.
- 1. matai, black pine, Prumnopitys taxifolia, Podocarpus spicata, conifer, coniferous tree
- usage: conifer of Australia and New Zealand
- 2. miro, black pine, Prumnopitys ferruginea, Podocarpus ferruginea, conifer, coniferous tree
- usage: New Zealand conifer used for lumber; the dark wood is used for interior carpentry
- 3. Japanese black pine, black pine, Pinus thunbergii, pine, pine tree, true pine
- usage: large Japanese ornamental having long needles in bunches of 2; widely planted in United States because of its resistance to salt and smog
- 4. Jeffrey pine, Jeffrey's pine, black pine, Pinus jeffreyi, pine, pine tree, true pine
- usage: tall symmetrical pine of western North America having long blue-green needles in bunches of 3 and elongated cones on spreading somewhat pendulous branches; sometimes classified as a variety of ponderosa pine
- 5. black pine, Pinus nigra, pine, pine tree, true pine
- usage: large two-needled timber pine of southeastern Europe